Scribd Issues

I got this e-mail about two - three months back, but I didn't think that much about it, but I should have. So if you have been following me for a while over at Scribd and then ran into some notice asking you to pay, this is why. I still have all my work set as free to read and free to download.

===============

We rarely send out product announcements, but we are so excited about this one that as one of our existing community members, we wanted you to be among the first to hear about it.

Today Scribd is launching an updated subscription service that lets you read unlimited books for just $8.99/month. It’s the first service of its kind and we believe that it can transform the way you read eBooks, allowing you to the freedom to read whatever you feel like in the moment without worrying about deciding what book to purchase.
Included with the subscription are thousands of bestsellers and new releases, including titles by well-known authors Paulo CoehloC.S. LewisArthur C. Clarke, and Michael Crichton. Scribd has partnered with HarperCollins, one of the world’s premier book publishers, to include thousands of their titles. So no matter what genre you like to read, from biography to romance we have new, popular books that fit your interest.
Other features
  • Thousands of bestselling books and new releases across every genre
  • Millions of user-contributed documents and written works
  • No limits - read as much as you want
  • Read on your iPhone, iPad, Android, or browser
  • Support authors. Your proceeds go to writers
As a special thanks for being a Scribd user, we’re offering your first month of Scribd for free. After that it's just $8.99/month for unlimited reading across all your devices.
=============

By the way, that part about the proceeds go to the writers, it only goes to those that don't have their work labeled as free to read and download.

Now I have to either ask you to join the site and turn my stories in to pay to read stories since you have to pay anyway, so I get something, or I find somewhere else that is close to Scribd that is still free. The only thing is, it's a great site. I really like it, or liked it until this pay thing started to stop people from seeing some of my stories. :(

I'll try to make this decision quickly. Give me a week. I'll still post the new chapter tomorrow. As far I can see, the newest posts are still free. I've checked the first chapter of House Boys and it's still ok.

If you know of some place that might have promise, for me to move my stories too, let me know. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Part One: Finally Big Enough ... {gay incest/father-son}

Bath Time {gay incest/brothers}

The Story Of Maids - The Taste Of Breast Milk {straight shota/breast feeding} UPDATED